St. Luke’s is home for many community related groups and/or activities such as:
- Meeting place for Alcoholics Anonymous every Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday at 7:00 P.M.
- Charter sponsor for Boy Scouts of America Troop 1, which meets Wednesday’s at 6:00 P.M.
- Parishioners may donate canned goods, dried and non-perishable food weekly to the “sharing basket” which is provided weekly to help feed those who need it.
- St. Luke’s works closely with Family Promise in the Mid-Hudson Valley, making the Parish Home available as their regional Day Center. Please visit Family Promise’s website for additional information.
- St. Luke’s supports the St. Andrews & St. Luke’s Episcopal Church Inter-Parish Food Pantry, helping to supply food to families in the community all year.
- St. Luke’s has close ties with The Children’s Villa in Amistad, Bolivia. The Children’s Villa is home to many orphaned or abandoned children with no other place to go. The Children’s Villa is part of The Friendship Mission which also maintains a medical clinic, nursery and school for the impoverished Quechua Indians.
- St. Luke’s along with St. Andrew’s works to support The Diocese of New York’s Carpenters Kids program, helping to sponsor over 5,600 Tanzanian children orpahned by the AIDS epidemic in Africa.